What you’ll do as a Quantitative Research Intern at Akuna:
Akuna’s Quantitative Trading and Research team is looking to add Quant Research Interns to a team of mathematicians, statisticians and technologists for our 7-8 week Akunacademy internship – which will run from January 6th, taking place in our Sydney office. This team creates trading strategies scientifically by combining its quantitative expertise with sophisticated understanding of derivatives and financial markets.
We are looking for talented researchers who can apply and develop machine learning algorithms to contribute to Akuna’s strategy portfolio. In this role you will:
- Develop trading strategies using statistical and machine learning algorithms
- Design and implement optimization algorithms for portfolio construction
- Advance existing initiatives and explore opportunities for new research topics
Qualities that make great candidates:
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics (or a related subject)
- Proven research background in academic or professional environment
- Basic programming skills in Python (C++ is a plus)
- Expertise in statistics and machine learning
- Financial experience is not a requirement
- Graduation date of June 2021 or prior
About Akuna Capital
Akuna Capital is a young and booming trading firm with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data driven solutions and automation. We specialize in providing liquidity as an options market-maker – meaning we are committed to providing competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies and mathematical models.
Our Founding Partners, Andrew Killion and Mitchell Skinner, first conceptualized Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened the firm's first office in 2011 in the heart of the derivatives industry and the options capital of the world – Chicago. Today, Akuna is proud to operate from additional offices in Sydney, Shanghai, and Boston.
Akuna Sydney opened in early 2018 and is at the center of Akuna's Asian trading operations. Akuna's focus in Asia is currently trading HK, cryptocurrencies and US night markets and is looking to expand to trading on all major Asian exchanges. Employees will work together towards achieving Akuna's goals across all areas of the business, including trading and desk buildout, cutting-edge research and data analysis, strategy creation, and building ultra-low-latency trading systems that are tailored to local market conditions.