As an Intern, you will apply your function specific sophomore year coursework to a variety of focused hands-on projects. At the same time, you will gain and apply knowledge about Agilent’s industry, infrastructure and products in your assignment. This is developing real world experience in a company that is a leader in the markets it serves.
Specific Job Description:
- Familarisation of Agilent products and processes relevant to HTC and Compliance testing
- Test and evaluate Agilent products and assemblies in accordance with the requirements of the hardware testing procedures and manuals, insuring conformance to corporate, regulatory and safety requirements.
- Define and implement test methods, procedures, limits and set-ups. Verify that the tests meet required measurement specifications.
- Design custom test fixtures to conduct reliability testing.
- Troubleshoot upon test failures, determine root cause of failures, and recommend engineering solution options to the designers.
- Report results to appropriate functions.
- Develop plans and schedules for equipment coming in for testing. Stay abreast of changes in schedule and make necessary adjustments.
- Perform technical work to ensure that equipment and machinery relating to testing activities are maintained at best working conditions with minimum down time.
- Perform calibration and maintenance, or work with third parties to ensure calibration and maintenance is performed per schedule and to specification.
- Provide training and assistance to others on how to use equipment and operate a test. Certify others to perform required tests.
You will have completed your sophomore year at an accredited 4 year university.
Ideally you will have completed Mechatronics/Automation/robotics related subject with an aggregate result of 75% or above
Agilent is an equal opportunity employer.
Engineering – preferably Mechanical, Electrical or Electronics.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
About Agilent Technologies
At Agilent we are committed to sustainability in our products, our operational practices and support of our employee teams. Our mission is to "improve the human condition" and we believe sustainability is an important part of meeting our mission. All of our actions are based on our long-standing values, and achieved with uncompromising integrity. Our culture includes respect for the contributions of every employee in our global workforce. We support the communities in which we live and work, and encourage employees to share their time and talents in their communities.