Broadspectrum is a leading global provider of operations, maintenance, and asset and project management services. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a global organisation offering a safe workplace, a secure role and excellent career opportunities.
Broadspectrum has a longstanding partnership with the Australian Defence Force and has a brand-new opening for a Graduate Engineer to join our Defence Base Services contract. This role will work to complete scoping, pricing and preparation of proposals for customer consideration, facilitate internal approvals and manage project/alternate proposals progress to completion.
The scope of these projects include, but are not limited to; Alternate Proposals, Additional Works, Defence Estate Work Programs, Regional Discretionary Estate Works projects, ad-hoc projects for other Defence contractors and Broadspectrum initiated projects.
Reporting directly to the company’s EMOS Operations Manager, your duties will include:
- Coordinating the project scoping estimating effort, including undertaking some estimating tasks, and coordinating the sourcing and evaluation of pricing data from subcontractors, suppliers and internal resources.
- Assisting the project management of all approved projects, including subcontractor coordination and management.
- Helping the delivery of projects to scope, within allocated time frames and budget.
- Ensure project documentation is managed effectively and is retrievable on demand.
- Must be an Australian Citizen as the role has a requirement to be able to meet and maintain a Defence Baseline Security Clearance.
- Australian Driver’s Licence.
- An ability to interact effectively with technical staff, subcontractors, senior military officers and Client representatives.
Key Experiences & Skills:
- Relevant Engineering Qualification – Civil, Structural, Commercial, Mechanical etc
- Comprehensive knowledge of cost planning and project management controls principles and practices (training or certification in a formal Project Management methodology is highly regarded)
- Excellent oral and written skills, with experience in preparing proposals highly regarded.
- High level of computer skills including MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint, CAD, and SAP Project System.
In return, you will receive a highly competitive salary, the ability to work on a major defence contract in a company where the opportunities are abundant.
Please visit the Careers section of our website or Click “APPLY” to forward your application CV, along with your proof of Citizenship.
Boadspectrum is an equal opportunity employer and we strive to recruit and appoint the best available person regardless of sex, age, religion, race, marital status, nationality, sexual orientation or disability